Leaf guards are designed as filters that prevent leaves and other debris from entering the gutter system. If you have gutters with leaf guards installed, they can often prolong the life of your gutters and prevent debris from clogging and damaging them.
Following are just a few of the main advantages you gain by installing leaf guards:
- The investment is minimal, and the installation process is extremely straightforward.
- Leaf guards will prevent your gutters from clogging, which could lead to rust and extensive water damage affecting not only your gutters but your roof and siding as well.
- In the winter, clogged gutter systems often lead to freezing and premature damage. Gutter guards can prevent that and keep your gutters functioning properly for a long time to come.
- Maintenance will be less problematic, and you won’t need to repair your roof and gutters as often.
- Gutter guards also offer excellent fire protection by keeping branches and dried leaves away from your home and roof.
You’ll find that the small effort and investment associated with installing leaf guards will be well worth it, according to experts in roofing East Lansing homes. In most cases, it will help you avoid thousands of dollars worth of repairs and give you peace of mind about most of your home maintenance tasks.